Episode #6 - May 2021
This month has a lot of errors. Finding coding errors, at runtime or compile/ analysis time. Handling error paths in code - all the different ways.
But we also look at building LLVM in 90 seconds, handling ABI breaks, vcpkg, CLion 2021.2 EAP, C++Now 2021 videos, Meeting C++ and C++ on Sea.
Links from this episode:
- C++ Annotated - May 2021 - If you prefer the same material in blog form
- Building LLVM in 90 seconds using Amazon Lambda
- Finding bugs with AddressSanitizer - Patterns from Open Source Projects
- A default value to dereference null pointers
- P0798: Monadic operations for std::optional - R6
- P2377: [[nodiscard]] in the Standard Library: Clause 23 Iterators library
- P2381: Pattern Matching with Exception handling
- P2123: Extending the Type System to Provide API and ABI Flexibility
- Presentation on 'Extending the Type System to Provide API and ABI Flexibility'
- All major Vcpkg enterprise features are no longer experimental
- CLion starts its 2021.2 Early Access Program - CMake Presets, New Project Templates, Lifetimes Analysis, and Cling support
- Early Access to C++Now 2021 recordings
- Meeting C++’s call for papers has started
- Full schedule for C++ on Sea is announced