Episode #6 - May 2021
This month has a lot of errors. Finding coding errors, at runtime or compile/ analysis time. Handling error paths in code - all the different ways.
But we also look at building LLVM in 90 seconds, handling ABI breaks, vcpkg, CLion 2021.2 EAP, C++Now 2021 videos, Meeting C++ and C++ on Sea.
Links from this episode:
- C++ Annotated - May 2021 - If you prefer the same material in blog form
- Building LLVM in 90 seconds using Amazon Lambda
- Finding bugs with AddressSanitizer - Patterns from Open Source Projects
- A default value to dereference null pointers
- P0798: Monadic operations for std::optional - R6
- P2377: [[nodiscard]] in the Standard Library: Clause 23 Iterators library
- P2381: Pattern Matching with Exception handling
- P2123: Extending the Type System to Provide API and ABI Flexibility
- Presentation on 'Extending the Type System to Provide API and ABI Flexibility'
- All major Vcpkg enterprise features are no longer experimental
- CLion starts its 2021.2 Early Access Program - CMake Presets, New Project Templates, Lifetimes Analysis, and Cling support
- Early Access to C++Now 2021 recordings
- Meeting C++’s call for papers has started
- Full schedule for C++ on Sea is announced
Episode #5 - April 2021
This month we expect the std::expected, subscript in multiple dimensions, zip and enumerate our way to defining contracts, while surveying the C++ community. We also take a look at the latest CLion and ReSharper C++ releases, GCC 11, a Cuda extension for VS Code, and the Pure Virtual C++ and C++ Now conferences (which have already now passed before this episode was released).
Episode #4 - March 2021
This month we chat about Contracts, Conferences and colonies, CLion and const (east), and a round-up the Russian Coat Check Algorithm, ReSharper-C++, return types and ridding C++ of macros.
Episode #3 - February 2021
In this month's round-up we cover the latest C++ committee plenary session, what's been approved to go into the C++23 standard, other proposals being worked on, news about Concepts and Modules, Clang Power Tools, Postfix completions in CLion and the C & C++ browser Search Extension