Episode #4 - March 2021
This month we chat about Contracts, Conferences and colonies, CLion and const (east), and a round-up the Russian Coat Check Algorithm, ReSharper-C++, return types and ridding C++ of macros.
Links from this episode:
- C++ Annotated - March 2021 - If you prefer the same material in blog form
- Improving Print Logging with Line Pos Info & Modern C++
- CLion Debugger video series
- GotW #101: Preconditions, Part 2 - From Herb Sutter's blog
- D2339R0 – 'Contract violation handlers'
- P2332R0 – 'Establishing std::hive as replacement name for the proposed std::colony container'
- Sean Parent's 'Better Code: Relationships' talk
- Anthony Williams' implementation of Sean's algorithm
- Syntax style setting in ReSharper C++ 2021.1 - including east/ west const, almost-always-auto and east-end-functions
- Branch Coverage in CLion 2021.1 - and the difference between line and statement coverage
- C++ Now - May 2 - 7
- C++ on Sea - June 30 - July 2
- Will we ever get rid of macros in C++? - Reddit discussion
Episode #3 - February 2021
In this month's round-up we cover the latest C++ committee plenary session, what's been approved to go into the C++23 standard, other proposals being worked on, news about Concepts and Modules, Clang Power Tools, Postfix completions in CLion and the C & C++ browser Search Extension
Episode #2 - January 2021
We talk about some speed-ups in Visual Studio, Global Data Flow Analysis in CLion, some of the papers from the latest WG21 mailing, 2021 conference announcements, some podcast updates and some tricks you can abuse CMake into performing
Episode #1 - December 2020
This month we talk about more news from around the C++ community - with a distinctly 20s theme.
Episode #0 - November 2020
Welcome to our pilot episode, covering a selection of this month's news from the C++ community, including new C++ podcasts, ISO Trip Report, Modules, Qt6 and Conan, CLion 2020.3, ReSharper C++ 2020.3 and std::visit.